Damages and Rules
Warriors Team, Parents, Coach’s, and Players
The GELC has just held a meeting yesterday with the City of Edmonton; it seems that lacrosse teams have had a series of incidents which is now consuming a lot of time and energy to investigate for both the City of Edmonton and the GELC office.
We have reviewed the policies and the GELC is now asking to have this sent to all Coaches and Managers throughout the GELC system, so we are all well aware of the issues and any future concerns may be dealt with quickly, without pointing fingers back at someone else.
- All dressing rooms should be locked upon your arrival. The scheduled time you may access your dressing room is ½ hour prior to booked floor time.
- The key is to be picked up from the attendant, once the dressing room is clean after your usage you must lock the door and return the key.
- If the dressing room is open it would be advantageous to take a picture of how you found it and report concerns to the attendant. Take another picture after you leave it.
*No alcohol or smoking is allowed in the building - suspension will occur.
**Also the contract which belongs to minor lacrosse may/will be terminated.
***Teams breaking the rules will be suspended from the city facilities for violations.
As Coach’s - you need to take responsibility for your Lacrosse team and the dressing room.
*All children under the age of 18 must have a responsible adult with them in the facility.
Players and Parents
**Sticks and balls cannot be played with inside the facility.
If you are the first team or teams arriving for the day’s events you may not enter the playing surface prior to the booked time. If you do – your Club will be charged extra in 15 minute increments.
Your Team only has a half hour after completion of your game to leave the dressing rooms please ensure you follow the allocated times as the next team or the attendants need in the room.
There have been concerns with the floors safety if you have concerns please address it thru Donna at the GELC office and she will contact the city foreman in charge of the lacrosse facilities.
Please be mindful that these rules should apply to all facilities including soccer centre’s ( coach’s helmets) that we use within the GELC area.
Thank you for your support and I believe that all our Warriors Teams will continue to show pride and respect at all facilities.
Posted on Wed, May 15, 2013
Check the GELC 2013 Schedule
GELC Schedule for the 2013 seasonCLICK HERE
Posted on Tue, May 14, 2013
Warriors 25th Anniversery Jersey
Warriors new 25th Anniversery Jersey;
avaliable in 7-10 days, just waiting on
the youth shorts.
Posted on Fri, May 03, 2013
Warriors / Harrow Team Bags $84.95
"THE GRIND SPORTS" has 80 New Warriors Lacrosse bags in stock for purchase $84.95.
The Grind Sports
524 Riverbend Square
Posted on Mon, Apr 29, 2013
Warriors Box Lacrosse - Coaching Clinic process 2013
I have been receiving a number of e-mails on how to get started with coaching
Coaching Clinic process
2. *FIRST --- Contact GELC office by email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The GELC will give you a access code and hold a spot in the clinic for that coach.
4. The coach then go to the http://nccp.lacrosse.ca/
a. They must either have an access code to get into the program if they never have before.
b. If they have access they can go directly in and do the pre assessment.
5. Once in the program you need to do the pre assessment for the appropriate level of course.
6. Once the pre assessment Is complete they need to register into the date they have selected to attend.
7. This must be done by the Thursday prior to the clinic.
8. Questions should be directed to the office 780-466-0981 (Donna) or via email email@example.com
Go Check the GELC Home page for the dates avaliable to you, but your pre-assessments portion needs to be completed ASAP:
Posted on Tue, Apr 23, 2013
ALA Tournaments 2013
Check out the Tournaments for the 2013 Season. Try and get out to participate or watch some fun Lacrosse. Click on both to check it out.
Okotoks Spring Classic.
Posted on Sun, Apr 14, 2013